Let me ask you a question. Why is dating advice and other aspects of dating the subject of so much discussion in feminism? Remember that when anyone talks about game, PUA, seduction, the “venusian arts”, etc., that is all under the category of dating advice. Think of all of the issues feminists are interested in and think about how a feminist would rank them in importance. You probably put dating advice and most things related to dating at the bottom of the list in terms of importance. Yet, feminists consider dating advice and some of its related issues to be incredibly important. Amanda Marcotte has written posts about the need for “non-sexist dating advice”. Any feminist blog from Jezebel to No Seriously What About The Menz? has written a multitude of posts about “Nice Guys”.
We know some of the reasons the Paleo-Game Cult and other so called “anti-feminists” are into the dating advice morass. They’re trying to make a buck using the game scam, or it’s simple chest beating to hide their insecurities, or any number of other reasons we have analyized. These reasons don’t apply to feminists, so what is going on with feminists and dating advice?
I started thinking about these questions when I wrote my page on the Paleo-Game Cult. I started noticing similarities between how the Paleo-Game Cult talked about game and how feminists talked about dating advice subjects. Both sides had a core of female pedestalizing when it came to their respective forms of dating advice. These were two forms of the same thing.
I considered what was the effect of all of this dating advice discussion on both the feminist and so called non-feminist sides. The effect was that it served to distract men from what was feminism was doing. Implicit in all of this dating advice dicussion was that any problems you have because of feminism can be solved with dating advice. Feminism causes systemic problems, but all the dating advice dicussion puts men in a mind frame that they are dealing with personal problems. Since there are no personal solutions to systemic problems, what all this dating adivce discussion has done is redirect the focus of many men from dealing with the real and systemic problem of feminism to non-existent personal problems.
I’m calling this the Misandrist Dating Advice Distraction (MDAD). The MDAD includes the subjects of game, PUA, “nice guys”, and other subject that can be considered “dating adivce” or related to it whenever they’re positively invoked in a feminist or anti-feminist context. A good example of the MDAD is action was the Elam-Frost debate on A Voice For Men. The fact that such a debate happened in the way that it did was the MDAD in action. Paul Elam was distracted from his work fighting feminism to debate a snot nosed twit about game. How the debate was conducted gave legitimacy to the idea that dating advice (a superset of game) has a place in fighting feminism and mens rights. There were also gamers saying that game (i.e. dating advice) could protect a man from false rape accusations. That is an excellent example of the MDAD in action because we have people saying that game/dating advice, a personal solution, can protect you against the systemic problem of false rape accusations. If a man believes what the gamers said about FRA, then he will be distracted from fighting the systemic problem of FRAs to attempting a personal solution with dating advice (which can never work). The distraction only serves to make the opposition to FRA weaker.
The MDAD is especially insidious because it turns self described anti-feminists into feminists without those anti-feminists being concious of the process. The gamers who said that game could protect against FRAs in the Elam-Frost debate were acting as de facto feminists. What they did only served to strengthen feminism. It’s also pulls in these de facto feminists into debates of dating advice issues with declared feminists. As both sides are effectively feminist, there is no real debate going on and no real opposition to feminism happening even though some of the participants in the debate believe differently.
I am not writing this page, just to have another page on my blog. I am declaring complete and total war against the MDAD. My goal is nothing less than COMPLETE DESTRUCTION of the MDAD so that whenever feminism is being fought in the future any discussion of dating advice is regarded as useless or a feminist trick and ignored. The MDAD is what is blocking the progress of mens rights more than anything else right now. To fight the MDAD we must continue to point out how game doesn’t exist and how the “nice guy” idea is a myth and a strawman. Beyond that, we need to learn more about the MDAD and analyze it from every possible angle. To that end, I need the help of everyone reading this. I can’t do this all on my own. I need everyone to go out learn about the MDAD (whether it has to do with game, “nice guys”, dating advice in general, or anything else) and bring back their observations and other conclusions you can draw. Use your brains to their maximum potentinal for this purpose. Be sure to promote this call to arms against the MDAD wherever you can. If you have a blog, at a minimum, promote this call to arms there.
Defeating the MDAD will destroy one of the most powerful weapons in the feminist arsenal. With the MDAD gone, mens rights will be able to progress faster than it ever has before. I believe that we can and will destroy the MDAD.
The following are posts and pages about aspects of the MDAD.
- The MDAD And Arguments Over Sexual Morality
- Non-Monetary Dating Advice Scams
- Why Are Feminists Attacking Anti-Gamers?
- Is There Such A Thing As Non-Misandrist Dating Advice?
- The “Women Have It Equally As Bad But In A Different Way” Trick
- Men Can’t Magically Will Women To Find Them Attractive
- The Edge Of The MDAD
- Penis Size In The MDAD
- Why Is Female Approval Needed For Dating Advice?
- Game In Disguise
- Men Get Rejected More Than Women By Any Metric
- Worse Than Placebo
- Moral Arguments About Game Are Part Of The MDAD
- You Are Only Allowed To Criticize Game In Very Limited Ways
- Anything And Everything Will Be Done To Keep You On The MDAD Treadmill
- PUAs Are Hiding Under Everyone’s Beds
- Honest Dating Advice Would Tell You To Avoid Most Women
- Creep Week Makes As Much Sense As Jew Week
- The Reserves
- Impotent Threats
- Anita Sarkeesian Is Connected To The Dating Advice Industry
- The Christian Dating Advice Industry
- The Feminist Time Machine Crashes On Scott Aaronson
- Dr. Manginalove Should Be Named Dr. Hypocrisy
- The Reserves Attracts Predators
- If Game Just Works Why Can’t It Be Completely Independent Of Ideology?
- Predatory Sex Therapists In Silicon Valley
- This Makes As Much Sense As Drawing A Pentagram And Sacrificing A Goat Or Selling Your Soul To The Devil
- It’s Not A Numbers Game
- The Manuresphere Is The Fat Acceptance Movement For Men
- Even If You Can Easily Get Laid, You Will Be Treated As A Loser Who Can’t Get Laid
- Why We Must Fight The MDAD
- Going Green Will Not Get You Laid Because Of The Just World Fallacy
- Reserves Desperation Derangement Syndrome
- What A Girlfriend Can Do For You That No One Else Can? Provide Social Acceptability